Woodpecker plate

Got my woodpecker router plate today. All Al and looks like a pretty sturdy piece of equipment. It appears to be very flat unlike the rousseau plate I tried already.

Gonna mount my beast on it this weekend!

Reply to
stoutman

Did mine last weekend. Made a custom routing cabinet all centered around the Woodpecker PRL and I squeezed a little more out for the INCRA fence. I should post the pix.

Very sturdy!

Reply to
John M

That's good to hear. I just ordered my woodpecker router plate on Friday and it is in route now. I am looking forward to installing it. I will post after the install. I found the woodpecker router plate based on this forum.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Brooks

Have a problem with the starter pin not screwing in, but I called woodpeck and he is sending me a new starting pin. I hope that is the problem and not the plate.

Sounds like an easy company to deal with.

Reply to
stoutman

Yahoo! I fixed it. Filed off the first thread with my trusty file and now it screws in with ease.

Very nice plate. I like that they send you the screws you need to attach the router to the plate. The screws that came with the router are way to short.

I also like how the hole reducer rings. They lock in by twisting them with the supplied wrench. Very slick.

The rousseau plate required that you pound on them to go in.

Reply to
stoutman

I called today and was quoted $79 for the one drilled for my router (DeWalt 625).

Marc Ward Milwaukee, WI

Reply to
Marc Ward

I paid $39.95 which included drilling for my Dewalt 618. I also bought the MDF Insert Template for $10.00 extra. The shipping was $6.78 UPS Ground to my location. I ordered Friday evening and received to today 3 business days later. I am very happy with the quality of the product. Now I just have to figure out what size to make the ledgeg that the plate will sit on. My router table top is 1.5" thick.

I am not aware of any specials.

Sam

Ward wrote:

Reply to
Sam Brooks

$39.95? You must have ordered the phenolic plate. The $79.00 plate is made of aluminum.

According to the woodpecker web page, they recommend a 1/2" ledge (lip).

Reply to
stoutman

I did get a chance to check our Rousseau plate at work and like your previous thread it too was not flat. The leading edge has a strong

1/6th sag. In practical application at least it IS the "leading edge" still ... It's either flat or it "aint" Sounds like you have a good setup there now. Thanks for sharing.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny