Wooden shoulder vise

I have a wooden screw to use in a shoulder vise for the workbench I am building and would like some ideas on how to mount the face board to the screw. I was going thinking of using some sort of screw counter sunk in the face board attached to the end of the screw but I don't know if this would allow the face board to pivot properly. Any suggestions would be helpful and any pictures would be most beneficial to me if you have a similar vise.

Thank you in advance, Bruce snipped-for-privacy@bruceharang.com

Reply to
Bruce E. Harang II

screw. I was going thinking of using some sort of screw

know if this would allow the face board to pivot

beneficial to me if you have a similar vise.

From me as a learner, just a thought,

Say an extra thick [face board], 2" jaw with a T-slot routed up half way from the bottom? And then, the "T" on the end of the threaded rod created by turning in a slot there. The "T" end being ovaled for freedom of movement, by hand with sanding block or second cut rasp or turned. The T-slot closed off with a matching chunk of wood glued in. Maybe the end "T" section a new piece, cross dovetailed on there? If so, that piece would have to be substantially hard, like boxwood or Ipe´ (Pao Lope, Greenheart). As far as the design and all measurements, yours.

Whaddya think?

Reply to
AAvK