Wooden Machines Books.

Anyone have a copy of Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gill & Alan Bridgewater they are willing to part with? They are out of print and rather scarce. I think they shipped with a book club in the late 90's.

ktow

Reply to
kevin.tow

RayV

Thanks, my budget can't quite cut the $70 price tag. Perhaps another time.

ktow

Reply to
ktow

Must be a really good book, i checked a few other sites and saw it as high as $85. Keep checking ebay you might get lucky. Amazon has other books by them you might be interested in.

Reply to
RayV

But that's $70 Canadian, that makes it only $60.56 US according to

Joe Gorman

I suggest you check out

for the following titles:

Making Wooden Mechanical Models by Gil & Alan Bridgewater - 1995

sellers are listed with this item in stock , ready to ship.

Pricing Ranges from $ 19.91 to $ 75.75 and one seller is Canadian ( CHapters ).

Pricing includes postage and handling.

Making More Wooden Mechanical Models by Gil & Alan Bridgewater - 1999

sellers are listed with item in stock, ready to ship (one seller is an eBay auction ).

Pricing Ranges from $ 22.09 to $ 33.71 and one seller is Canadian ( Chapters ) .

Pricing includes postage and handling.

Hope this information helps, but I doubt at this date that these items can be shipped in time to arrive as a most welcome Christmans gift, even if it's for yourself.

Planes True snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Planes True

It is excellent. I read it from at the library. It is a bit of a niche book. I like making examples of mechanical components and this is a great starter.

I already have Making Mechanical Marvels in Wood. By Ray Levy

&

Making More Wooden Mechanical Models. By the Bridgewaters.

Both are excellent if you'd like a pretty machine to put on a shelf. They have great "nifty" appeal. (Though the second reaction is... "Why did you make that?")

ktow

Reply to
ktow