Wood turning Duplicator Delta 46-408

I just bought a Delta duplicator model 46-408 and am very disapointed with my first results Does anyone have had good results with a duplicator? if so with what model or company?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

It takes practice. Work from the highs to the lows. That is, work from the areas with little cutting downhill towards the areas with a lot of cutting, but don't try to take off more than about 1/4 inch per pass (unless your lathe is a whole lot bigger than mine). You will never get a finish cut with it, but it gets the rough shape quicker than working without one. You can't expect to get anywhere near a finished cut. Just set it up so you have about

1/8 to 1/16 inch left for a clean-up pass with hand tools and sanding. I've tried a few other duplicators with about the same or worse results.
Reply to
Charley

Tankyou very much Charley

Reply to