wood suppliers- turning blanks- bend oregon?

a bud recently moved to near Bend and was trying to hook up with a locally harvested wood source in that neck o the woods. Any links? TIA Pat

Reply to
patrick mitchel

Been a couple of years since I've been out there but I worked out in that area for several years (Christmas Valley) and stayed in Bend. Just about 5 min drive south of Bend is Sun River. Each year they have an Arts and Crafts festival with lot's of artisans and craftsmen showing and demonstrating their talents. He'll have no problem hooking up with the local talent and finding out where everyone else gets their wood and supplies.

There are a number of active sawmills in the area around Crater Lake (about

1.5hrs south of Bend) and there used to be some logging going on in the "Sister's" area just NW of Bend. Bend also has a great web site which I believe lists all the local businesses.

I would move back there in a flash. It used to be one of the world's best kept secrets for the place to live but then those Californians discovered that Bend had an unending supply of water and they all moved there I think. Went from a nice town of 19,000 to over 50,000 in about 10 years.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

But Christmas Valley is still pretty much the way it was. Californians like to cluster and the 'latte' at the gas station in CV is ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

"Call someplace 'Paradise', kiss it goodbye.."

Last Resort, the Eagles

Reply to
Rudy