Window stools

Man, I can make the best window stools you ever saw. Nuts on fit, perfect roundovers. Then I get to the very end of the ear and my router just takes a mind of its own and I chew the hell out of the ear. Oh well, I call it character.

Reply to
JC

If I understand what you're talking about, you can route the end of the stock before cutting the ears and you will cut off any tear out.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Duh?!?! Why didn't I think of that? Gettin' too old for this stuff, I guess. Thanks.

Reply to
JC

That's routing 101.

When doing stain grade, I prefer to miter my ear returns after routing. No end grain shows.

Reply to
B A R R Y

at first glance, the title of this topic looked to be an OT comment on microsoft software...

Reply to
charlie

I saw a list of oxymorons a couple of days ago. The last one was "Microsoft Works"

--Steve

Reply to
Steve