Wilton Thickness planers

Anyone know anything about the Wilton thickness planers. They look like a Ryobi. I'm curious about them, they're selling for $165.

Reply to
Dan

Wilton owns Jet it looks just like a jet 12-1/2 inch benchtop with silver instead of tan fininsh. The motor is rated 1-3/4 instead of 2hp. The blades interchange. Rollers on infeed and outfeed extensions, etc. I called WMH customer service and their answer was, "Wilton makes wood tools now?" Tons of help. As far as it's comparison to the Ryobi I doubt it, just because WMH has their own manufacturing sources over seas. I am thinking about buying one for my dad. If you do find anything definitive or get brave and buy one please post results. Menards is a place (in the Mid west anyway) you can see the Jet and the Wilton next to each other. I am guessing this is their price war line. Wilton in known mostly for large metal working equipment and vises. The Planer is not on their website, but the site may give you an idea who they are.

by Chicago

Reply to
Bob by Chicago