Why, oh why???

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle east? I lived with this during the 60's and 70's. This was one of the reasons that I do not watch the news anymore. War is hell.People do die in them. We do not need reminders of this fact. If you are against the war. then go to the appropriate group and vent there. The only way your posts apply to woodworking would be the caskets used later on. If so, that's morbid. I've tried the kill file and message blocker but they keep getting around it somehow. Let's get this group back to its topic. My2cents worth.

Reply to
Brent Beal

Joseph Connors

You won't. That's because the jerks who do it don't do it for altruistic reasons. They just like being jerks. Moderating is no good either. I've quit other moderated groups because the moderator was the biggest jerk of the lot. Welcome to the internet.

Reply to
Guess who

If no one replied to them, they would soon disappear. Unfortunately, some people are so irritated by the posts( me too ) that they feel compelled to respond. What happens then is the post I've filtered doesn't show up but the reply marked RE:...... does show up, usually quoted.

Just keep setting filters and do not respond - this too shall pass as does all this type of crap. Of course, there will be new crap to replace it - but - that's the 'net folks!

Just MNSHO,

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Wed, Jan 18, 2006, 4:44pm snipped-for-privacy@charter.net (Brent=A0Beal) doth burble: Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle east? Let's get this group back to its topic.

You coulda sait it's OT.

If you're talking about the posts by the sad, dorky, troll - it's because he/she is a sad dorky troll. He/she just enjoys putting it in everyon's face, and sitting back in concealment, feeling superior. My personal feelings are that he/she is showing immense dissrespect to all parties concerned. That's what trolls do. I'm thinking this one is a teenager. Can't have any real friends, possibly just some other trolls, which is the same as saying no friends. He/she does it only because they can get away with it, never say anything like that to your face. Typical trol behaviour. Can't be interesting, or entertaining, so are nasty.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Because you're not using the proper filtering software. I haven't seen any of those posts for weeks.

Filtering has been discussed in great depth on this newsgroup. Search the Google archives for mentions of "Nfilter", paying particular attention to posts from Robert Bonomi and myself. I think Robert still has the program available on his website, or you can download a copy of it from me at

as a self-extracting zip file.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Review these threads in particular the last one. May shed some light on the source or atleast provocation for the troll who appeared not so long after. BTW bye bye Tom

Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle

Reply to
joedog90045

I agree, more or less. The only way to solve this particular probel is to killfile the nutcase. I don't use Outhouse Excess but AFAIK, even it supports killfiles (or BoZo-Bins, depending on the terminology).

Reply to
Keith

I don't disagree in spirit about off-topic posts. However, that you are able to ignore the killing being done in our names, and the harm both to the Iraqis and to our own citizens (wait 'til you see how many veterans kill themselves after returning home) is proof that someone needs to shove it in your face constantly.

NOBODY should be able to ignore it. Whether you're > Why7 do we have to tune in each day to view the body counts from the middle

Reply to
Mike Berger

I disagree, but it's certainly a fair request.

Damn, I knew there was a catch.

Reply to
Joe Barta

"destroying a generation" ... thats a little hyperbole isn't it! As far as the vets are concerned, virtually every returning vet I have seen interviewed seemed very positive about what was being done in Iraq. They say the people there are very grateful for our help. I do think there is a tremendous amount of "spinning" going on regarding the war. The thing I pay attention to is what are the vets saying, and they seem positive. Personally, after removing Saddam Hussein, I think we should have withdrawn. Mission accomplished.

Mike Berger wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Connors

Oh goodness, you can't say that. Can't you see all the death and destruction? Can't you see that the country is going into the toilet over this? Can't you see that we've been lied to and this is all about corporate greed? C'mon man, get with the program!

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

I have relatives in the Marines, Navy and Air Force. All of them would give their right arms to be in Afghanistan....

Only the hero wannabe's, those with little or no self esteem trying to "prove" himself will take what he can get like Iraq!

Reply to
2001.9.11.9.45

Reply to
2001.9.11.9.45

Thu, Jan 19, 2006, 3:11pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@puterr.com (2001.9.11.9.45) doth burble a bunch of crap I totally snipped:

Oh, come on Little Buttercup. Attack you? How weak can you be? Get real. You "know" I've never seen that e-mail address before. That is so weak it'd have to get healthy before it could even be pathetic. It'd be nice if at least one of you dull little trolls could be at least a little interesting or amusing - I know it's too much to hope any of you could be original in any way.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Amuse you? What got tired of wacking off you dog?

See you have nothing better to do the puppy dawg me.... you must really have one hell of a loser life with nothing much better to do.

My heart bleeds for you!

Reply to
2001.9.11.9.45

That's exactly right. I am more sick of the people who bitch and whine about things being off-topic (while being off-topic themselves) than I am of the spammers. I can filter out the spam. I can just ignore it. What gets me are these clueless retards who think everyone else has to cater to their whims because they're too dim to set up the filters on their newsreaders.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Ignore it. Learn to filter it. Don't download off-topic threads. Just shut the hell up about it!

Reply to
Brian Henderson

If he wants to ramble on his political beliefs, then by damn go to a political group or site and do it there.

Reply to
Brent Beal

Reply to
Brent Beal

As long as people keep responding to and/or complaining about the troll, he's going to keep rambling on right here. Because his

*entire* *purpose* *in* *life* is to irritate people like you. Until you ignore him, he will not go away.

Stop feeding the trolls.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor