Why Being a SoCal WoodDorker Rules

I take it then that you want San Francisco? You can keep it, it's worse than LA. IIRC that area was the only area that voted to keep Davis. Nuttier than fruitcakes, that bunch!

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Hey Paddy, I just bought 300 bf of ash @ $1.25/bf. What do you SoCal folks pay? :-)

Reply to
Scott Post

I'll say the same to you that I say to cyclists from your area. Let's chat next August.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

WHOA! You just haven't been to the right parts of Yankee Land.

I hate no one.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Glen responds:

And the Terminator is a better choice? Those of us fortunate enough to be outside CA wait with bated breath to see just what he's going to do...if anything.

Charlie Self

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

Dat's de guv-uh-natuh now, Bub. :)

Me too. I'm sort of glad to see that the recall went through. I like the idea of being able to say "OK asshole, you're fired" to a bad politician (wish we could fire them all), but I have real doubts about what Ahnuld can do as gov'nor, and I don't think I'd have voted for him. I'm glad I don't live over there to have to find out first hand.

I'm also waiting to see if that bit of "history" in Demolition Man comes true. All it takes is a nice constitutional ammendmant, and then we can have the Prez-un-natuh.

Reply to
Silvan

You must be one of those Yankee redneck types then. :)

In all seriousness, I've found people in the north in big cities are just mind bogglingly hateful toward each other all day long. It's real culture shock for a southern boy, even though nobody I know in the real south would even consider a Virginian a southern boy.

(We're sort of stuck in the middle. Hillbillies to you Yankees, Yankees to the people from North Carolina southward. We can't win.)

I've met a few nice people in the more remote parts of Pennsylvania, and even one really good guy in Quakertown, so no, I don't really think you're all like that. A lot of you are though. Just a culture thing. I think the rudeness is a function of population density over time. I think the South hasn't been urbanized long enough for our city people to get that nasty, but they're working on it.

Reply to
Silvan

I could sleep in a tent for two weeks. I could probably stand to go that long without eating too, if it meant I could retire at the end of it. I still say I'd take that deal. Shave 40 years off my work expectancy. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I am of the opinion that any reasonably capable individual can do ANY job in government, providing he/she is neither a lawyer, nor is inflicted with an MBA, both which seem to foster similar self delusion and grandeur.

Reply to
Swingman

:-)

Reply to
Buttonhole McGee

Give it time. AZ always follows CA's lead......

Wait until they start building sport stadiums down your way.

Gary (Phoenix)

Reply to
GeeDubb

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote: while being cold

There's nothing better than taking an eastern rider out in 115 degree "dry" heat. No shade, lots of sunshine.

The first climb kills them.

And there's nobody else on the trail either

Reply to
GeeDubb

YOU aren't paying attention if you have to ask what he's "GOING" to do. He has already repealed the car licensing fee increase and the moronic illegal alien driver's license law that Davis signed is just about history. All in a week. And you ask what he's going to do?? Read or watch the news, Charlie.

Here is an excerpt from the San Jose Mercury News:

In a stunning turnaround, Senate Democrats on Monday joined Republicans to unanimously repeal the law letting illegal immigrants apply for driver's licenses, putting Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger one step away from delivering on a top campaign pledge.

pay attention, Charlie.

dave

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Also, being VERY wealthy helps to reduce a politician's propensity to cater to special interest groups.

dave

Sw> I am of the opinion that any reasonably capable individual can do ANY job in

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On 25 Nov 2003 13:23:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

If I had been living there at the time, I'd have voted for Mary Carey. Nice tatas. Probably as smart as any politician but with far fewer things to hide. (Or places to hide them.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. *

's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Barry Burke responds:

We muyst have been tougher. We'd get a lot of people out on the lake at Glens Falls in February during the motorcycle ice races...usually anywhere from 5 to

15 below and windy.

Charlie Self

"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

Stupid politicians. I think they should keep the illegal immigrant driver license law. Just use it as bait to arrest the illegals as soon as they show up to take the test - then deport them.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I only hate the soccer moms in their 25' SUV/LandBoats who drive the kids to school with one hand on the cell phone and the other applying their eye makeup. Other than that, I love NJ !!

TomL

Reply to
TomL

So, when you planning on building the stream for under the bridge?

Renata

Reply to
Renata