LED Rules

The administration is proposing rules to push people toward using LED vs. other methods of lighting.

Rule makers just have to interfere with people making their own decisions. Leaving us alone to decide what's best for us just doesn't seem to enter rule makers minds.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I totally agree. Technology should not be legislated. We are smart enough to measure cost/benefit and make our own decisions. Very few politicians have a technical background to know the whole picture and should know that one size does not fit all.

Reply to
Frank

"Enlightened self-interest" is a myth. People (and corporations) will make stupid, short-sighted decisions.

I read an interesting book last weekend:

Cindy Hamilton

Now that is funny. I may somewhat agree but as a whole, no, just look around you.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Real, actual Facism, not what Wokies and communists call everyone else, stated that the government is the teacher of the population. And that the individual only exist in his capacity to serve the government.

Scratch any liberal and under the surface you find a Fascist. They can't resist being a control freak.

Real actual Fascists are Left wing by the way.

Rule:

More right wing, more liberty freedom and self control.

More Left wing, less liberty and more government control and more imposed control.

So I strongly agree with you. The government/liberals need to butt out of technology and let the market do its thing. And butt out of our lives as well.

It is true that many are not as smart as you or me.

Reply to
Frank

My electric company sent out boxes of 'free' LEDs a couple of years ago. Prior to that they had sent out CFLs. The mail person really enjoyed that. I only have one incandescent left and it's in an old clamp light.

Reply to
rbowman

We just replaced the four exterior bulbs on our garage and workshop with incandescents that we had on hand. Considering they only light up when it's dark out _and_ one of the garage doors is open, and we rarely go out at night, they see about 10 minutes of service per year.

They all died during an ugly power outage last August, and we just got around to investigating the problem.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

The mask mandates, the vaccine mandates, shutting down restaurants and hair salons have proven beyond any doubt the democrats and the spineless RINOs are evil tyrants.

Reply to
Oscar

You mean like was evidenced by the big stolen election lie and the insurrection attack that we saw on the Capitol Jan 6? That kind of support for democracy and that kind of self control? Worse part is that it's not just those that did it, it's Trump that incited it, who is running again and people like you who try to lie about it, ignore it or justify it.

You mean like the Jan 6 attempt to impose Trump on the American people after he lost the election?

Reply to
trader_4

Right, better that we should have had 2 million dead from Covid with hospitals overwhelmed and unable to deal with it. The crazies are still harping about a mask. It's just a mask, but you act like it was an amputation. One key difference I see is that for people like you, it's not about what's best for everyone, no care for those around you, it's only about, me, me, me. And you deny science or anything else that does not show what you have already decided in your mostly ignorant minds.

Reply to
trader_4

I was wishing I had an incandescent light to put in the motor compartment of my truck while we are down in Memphis this week ...

Reply to
SNAG

A little warmth?

rbowman