Garden Shed- rules?

What are the rules for the the construction of a garden shed?

Can I build one of brick and block rather than timber or must it be wood?

Reply to
Alan Palmer

a shed is a shed. i'm of the mind a brick and morter one is better than wood as it will not rot. pluss its easy to attach stuff to the walls like shelves and put up hanging hooks &c. wood... well, they always need treating at some point and bits replacing when they rot.

though where i live, it'll make more sence for me to go for a metal shed due to local planning permision s**te.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros

I don't suppose many people care as long as you are not doing anything silly like a 100 foot tall shed really. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brick and block is fine, provided you comply with the PD rules and building regs exemptions on the Planning Portal site.

Reply to
Andy Wade

On Saturday 17 August 2013 16:51 Alan Palmer wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Google for Planning Portal - it'll give you the low down, from the government's mouth...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Brick and block is fine. The rules for citing it are slightly relaxed if its "substantially of non combustible materials". So you don't need to leave the 1m gap from the neighbours fence that everyone else ignores anyway!

Reply to
John Rumm