The other type of right-angle kettle connector.

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a tower PC.
All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a "D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like: __ / | | | | | \__|
... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.
--
Roland Perry

eBay. Plenty of leads. Just search for "right angle kettle lead" and you'll see ones that deviate to the side or to the floor.
Tim
In message <469661461398445131.561563timdownie2003-nospampleaseyahoo.co.

I have tried eBay and Amazon (and others) and all have the same [wrong] sort that I already have. Do you have an eBay item number for one that isn't like this:
<http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-Degree-Bend-IEC-C13-Kettle-Lead-Connector- Plug-Right-Angle-Re-wireable-/290960364349>
(Doesn't have to be re-wirable, a moulded one would be fine).
--
Roland Perry

Roland Perry wrote:

You mean like this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-Degree-Deg-IEC-C13-Kettle-Lead-Connector-Plug-Right-Angle-Re-wireable-/121151739072?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item1c3534d4c0
It's on the same page of results that you should have got before with those search terms.
Tim
remarked:

No, that would have the cord going sideways.
--
Roland Perry

I have. All the wrong sort. Just one example of the right sort would be helpful.
--
Roland Perry

Yes, that's the right sort, but I agree about the postage.
Are none of the 170,000 others like that available from the UK?
--
Roland Perry

If I turn the PSU over then none of the holes (either fixing or venting) match up. But you are right that it's a US branded PC (HP), where can one get a UK branded PC these days?
--
Roland Perry

The straight one (which I also have plenty of) sticks out too far behind the PC.
--
Roland Perry

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:22:35 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

But don't you need a decent gap behind the PC to let the hot air from the PSU/Case getaway?
--
Cheers
Dave.

The rear of the PC is the edge of someone else's workspace (which is warmed by the expelled air). The problem I'm trying to solve is people brushing past the sticky-out mains lead and sometimes causing the PC to hiccup as a result.
Brushing past the next-most-sticky-out connectors, which are the [twin] VDU cables, is not nearly so fatal, nor so cuss-inducing.
--
Roland Perry

Turn the computer round, then the cd tray is the only thing on the offending side, the fan will cool / heat the user of the computer. The connectors are easy to access and the colour coded plugs add to the palette of the office.
The cable passing in front of the ventilation holes also has the advantage that it will divide the airflow and ensure the air is distributed widely.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not one is what you want. I guess the specification only allows one direction, maybe for a kettle with spout pointing left to suit a right handed person, to ensure the lead goes away from you towards the mains socket on the wall at the back.
--
Dave W

Dave W wrote:

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch) just a standard IEC C15 lead.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223
Andy Burns wrote:

Sorry, I read it as looking at the plug, not looking at the socket ...
On 17/08/2013 18:06, Andy Burns wrote:

eBay never ceases to amaze me when you want bits like this - it's the best use for it IMHO.
A few months ago I was after a similar 'odd' gadget after reorganising my office - the scanner wouldn't fit in the space I wanted it to because of the USB "A" cable pointing straight out. Ebay quickly provided a new version with the cable at 90 degrees to the plug, pointing towards the wall as I wanted it; although every other permutation could be had. £2 delivered from Hong Kong? What's not to like...
--
David

remarked:

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.
--
Roland Perry

Like this then sans cable?..
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/power-cable-assemblies/7440929/
--
Tony Sayer

Yes (and having the cable is OK).
--
Roland Perry

Hmm, just tried to order one and the £3.40 cable is £10.02 once they've added VAT and the cheapest delivery option. I knew there was a reason I look for this kind of thing on eBay/Amazon first.
--
Roland Perry