The other type of right-angle kettle connector.

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a "D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like: __ / | | | | | \__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

Reply to
Roland Perry

eBay. Plenty of leads. Just search for "right angle kettle lead" and you'll see ones that deviate to the side or to the floor.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In message , at 16:13:25 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Tim+ remarked:

I have tried eBay and Amazon (and others) and all have the same [wrong] sort that I already have. Do you have an eBay item number for one that isn't like this:

(Doesn't have to be re-wirable, a moulded one would be fine).

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 16:17:56 on Sat, 17 Aug

2013, Phil L remarked:

I have. All the wrong sort. Just one example of the right sort would be helpful.

Reply to
Roland Perry

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not one is what you want. I guess the specification only allows one direction, maybe for a kettle with spout pointing left to suit a right handed person, to ensure the lead goes away from you towards the mains socket on the wall at the back.

Reply to
Dave W

You mean like this?

It's on the same page of results that you should have got before with those search terms.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch) just a standard IEC C15 lead.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

Andy Burns

Sorry, I read it as looking at the plug, not looking at the socket ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

eBay never ceases to amaze me when you want bits like this - it's the best use for it IMHO.

A few months ago I was after a similar 'odd' gadget after reorganising my office - the scanner wouldn't fit in the space I wanted it to because of the USB "A" cable pointing straight out. Ebay quickly provided a new version with the cable at 90 degrees to the plug, pointing towards the wall as I wanted it; although every other permutation could be had. £2 delivered from Hong Kong? What's not to like...

Reply to
Lobster

Alternatively unclip/unscrew the mating half in the computer and refit

180 degrees rotated.
Reply to
alan

In message , at 17:15:40 on Sat, 17 Aug

2013, Phil L remarked:

Yes, that's the right sort, but I agree about the postage.

Are none of the 170,000 others like that available from the UK?

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 17:49:56 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Tim Downie remarked:

No, that would have the cord going sideways.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 17:49:03 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Dave W remarked:

I know. I was expecting at the very least some sort of 80:20 variation, but 99.999:0.001 (or whatever) is really unexpected.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at

18:06:37 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Andy Burns remarked:

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 18:50:15 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, alan remarked:

It's very well ensconced in a modular power supply I'm afraid. Otherwise I would already have done that.

Reply to
Roland Perry

I vaguely remember RS doing one where the connector part could be mounted in any of the 4 possible orientations in the cable shell.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In article , Roland Perry scribeth thus

Like this then sans cable?..

tony sayer

Well they do appear to be made if you can find one to buy..

dennis

Can't you just point it to the side?

dennis

Roland Perry scribbled...