Who is Norm?

So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have to ask, who is this person?

bkr

Reply to
bkr

It's Norm Abrams, television's carpenter on the "This Old House" series, and woodworker in "The New Yankee Workshop". Much more revered here than Tim Taylor of Tool Time.

bill

Reply to
Bill Otten

Mon, Jan 17, 2005, 7:43am bkr1 snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com (bkr) asks: So I've seen the name Norm mentioned on several threads and I just have to ask, who is this person?

You didn't ask, so apparently you already know who Roy and Bob are. And Red.

JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get.

- Albert

Reply to
J T

seeum @

Lawrence L'Hote

You don't know who Norm is? The holiest of holies? The deacon of dust? Well, you just skedaddle on over to

and do some studying.

Reply to
Jeff P.

sounds like a troll question

Reply to
RicDemars

He is a famous model for "Long Sleeve Plaid Flannel Shirts".

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
jo4hn

That's exactly what I ask my wife (about another person), she keeps telling Martha this Martha that, so I ask her Martha who?

Reply to
f/256

I know, I know, I know...*jumping up and down* pick MEEE, I know!!

Reply to
Robatoy

A fellow fisherman.

Reply to
Lee Gordon

And, as of today at least, Norm isn't in jail.

Reply to
Jeff P.

Anyone?....Anyone other than Robatoy?....OK, OK, Robatoy, can you tell us who Norm is?

Reply to
Jeff P.

Green

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

In case you haven't noticed, I'm new to this group and newsgroups in general. What is the point of a troll? Are they trying to build a thread to collect email addresses or just someone with nothing better to do?

Reply to
Ray

Others have pointed out Norm Abrams TV shows, web site, etc. However, to read between the line of your question - in this group Norm is alluded to (by calling someone a "Normite") as the promoter of any and all power tools as the best way to work wood. A person of an opposite persuasion - i.e. one who prefers hand tools - can be referred to as a "Neander". There is, of course, also a middle ground...

JeffB

Reply to
JeffB

usually someone without a life or any social contact, who attracts attention to themselves by being annoying.. "trolling" for bites to their bait topics..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Red?

Reply to
Silvan

Silvan wrote in news:353l1iF4fvlhjU1 @individual.net:

As in Green. An acquired taste.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

What is this middle ground you speak of?? :)

Reply to
Lee Michaels