Where to find wood tap & die sets over 1 inch.

I have several Harbor Freight tap & die sets for various sizes up to 1 inch but I am working on a project now that requires a tap & die for

1-1/4" and 1-3/4". The largest size Harbor Freight goes to is one inch. Local suppliers like Ace Hardware, Home Depot etc. just give me a funny look when I ask them about this. Do any of you have an idea where I could find a set in the 1-1/4" or larger size. I have a complete set of Forstner bits up to 3-1/2 inches and I have thought maybe I could make a metal cutting blade for a die but making the tap looks like it is way beyond my skill levels. Besides that time is an issue. T.I.A for any helpful suggestions

Dennis

Reply to
TwoGuns

TwoGuns wrote: : I am working on a project now that requires a tap & die for : 1-1/4" and 1-3/4".

Chip

Reply to
Chip Buchholtz

Thanks for that link Chip. It had all kinds of tap & die sets but nothing for use on wood. I did find a couple replacement dies for an old set of metal taps & dies I inherited from my Grandpa. Now I can get that set updated.

Dennis

Reply to
TwoGuns

Beall has a "big threader kit" available from a Canadian company at

HTH. Tom

Reply to
tom

"Wood Threading"

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

It is also possible to order directly from Beall.

J.

Thnks to all who gave me leads on this. It likes like the one Tom Veatch listed is just what I need and affordable also.

Dennis

Reply to
TwoGuns