Where to buy Freud Dado Sets

I live in NH. Can these be purchased retail or mail order (web) only?

Reply to
Jim Ryan

Lowes sells them in Texas.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Try:

or eBay (search under freud dado)

Always some available their, new in box.

enjoy

Reply to
newspost

Hmmm, looks like Sears sells them. Looking at the web site I saw a 24 tooth

75th Anniversary sears blade. Anybody bought this? It's $80 and the Freud 8" is $109. Also, would I be better off with the 6" or the 8" on a 110v Craftsman TS? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Is more teeth better?
Reply to
jtpr

What horsepower/size saw are you talking about? Direct drive or contractors or cabinet?

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

I don't remember the HP. But it is the low end Craftsman 110v saw.

Reply to
jtpr

If it has a belt from the motor to the saw arbor, you could probably use a 6" set. If the motor powers the arbor directly, you'll need to go with the smallest available (if it will even fit on the arbor). 8" sets are best on large saws that have the muscle to spin all that metal.

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

There are Woodworkers Warehouse stores in Manchester, Nashua & Salem. Freud stuff is also sold at P.J. Currier Lumber in Amherst and A&B Lumber in Pembroke.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Lowes carries them in VA, also. But Amazon and Eagle-American have the best price right now on the Frued &-Piece Pro Dado Set. You can probably get it from either for right around $70.00 after S/H.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

I bought the Freud SD-208 from Amazon last week for $69.99 with free shipping. I checked this AM, price is still the same but free shipping is no longer available for this item.

Reply to
Russ