Wheeled Kayak Carrier- Plans or Ideas

A friend has asked me to make a carrier for her kayak. Not the on-top-of-the-car type but the walk your kayak to the water type. Most of the ones I see online or at the camp sites involve metal tubing of some sort and some welding. I would like to make one using mainly wood plus wheels and no welding. Any ideas? Thanks, JG

Reply to
JGS

Not too attractive, but this is what I did. (Hope the attachment works). PT 2x4, with rubber pads, lag bolts for the wheels, eye bolts and a bungee cord to hold it on. Dave Jordahl

Reply to
D Jordahl

ISTR seeing one online made with PVC pipe.

I suggest checking the rec.boats.paddle.* newsgroups and searching the WWW with Google or Altavista.

Reply to
fredfighter