What the heck is BORG???

Stands for Big Orange Retail Giant.

It assimilates smaller retail stores and resistance is futal.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

also known as Home Despot

Reply to
Knucklehead

Thanks. I was wondering this as well.

Folks have come up with all sorts of cute acronyms recently, but it came from the Borg on Star Trek. A race of cyborgs who travel in boxlike ships and assimilate and destroy other civilizations. ALong the lines of what Home Depot's supposed to do to local hardware stores.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I had thought it was "Big Orange Retail Giant." Then one day I saw a Home Depot store painted brown. Burst my bubble.

RB

GTO69RA4 wrote:

Reply to
RB

This might be helpful:

Reply to
stoutman

Now you have been assimilated. I prefer to call it Home Dump since it fits to a Tee!!!

Reply to
dteckie

One of the traits of the BORG is that they adapt quickly...

Michael

Reply to
Michael Burr

Thanks! Finally figured out DAMWIKT...

ss

Reply to
Sam Schmenk

FWIW, AFAIK, it's DAMHIKT.

Reply to
Jim Wilson

How so, and/or why not the first form

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

No reason other than convention, to my knowledge. A googlization will confirm it though.

Cheers!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

I'm sure the brown was just a pigment of your imagination.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Oh, that's an off-color dream. j4