What? No mitre track?

My useless miter track is T-track.

A few threaded inserts would have been just as handy, easier to install, and much cheaper for my purposes.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Third option:

T-track instead of mitre track. I only use it for featherboards, stop blocks, etc, but it is handy nonetheless.

Reply to
junk

Dave wrote: >So essentially you DO have a miter track, it just happens to be on top

That's the way to go, it seems. I built a sliding dovetail set-up, similar to the Jointech vertical push jig. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

The miter track on my table is used 5:1 for holding a featherboard vs use with a gauge. You can use the fence with a wide backing piece to route the ends of narrow stock. That also minimizes tear-out.

David

Never Enough M> Now that I'm inching closer to building my own router table, I'm

Reply to
David

In two years, I've kept detailed records of my mitre track use. Total is:

1

How would I do the end of a six foot piece? With help. If I tried to hold a 6' board flat and square by just holding it against the miter, I'd probably drop it. There is a lot of leverage there and even supported would be a problem.

I do also have a T track for a featherboard and have used that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski