what is the state of the art in wood products

replying to J. Clarke, Iggy wrote: Thanks for having no point nor insight nor evidence nor science. Good job.

Reply to
Iggy

natural wood is better in almost every way but that is not the point

the point is that many exotic hardwoods are depleted and in limited supply

but in the building trade man made alternatives are in wide use and the state of the art of their composition manufacture and uses are interesting but i do not feel like i have kept up with the trends

materials science is going so fast now that it would not surprise me to see or hear about amazing new techniques to create products that can compete with natural wood

Reply to
Electric Comet

replying to J. Clarke, Iggy wrote: :

Reply to
Iggy

Interesting brainstorm, EC. All I can say without a doubt is that whatever the answer is... we'll over harvest it and/or its components to the point of extinction!

Reply to
Steve

Uh-oh. I sense another fake plonk.

Hmmmm....Do they work on HOH posts?