What is it? Set 553

3234 may be a tube for force feeding ducks or geese .

john

.
Reply to
John

Sunday AM, and no answers yet? I keep looking for answers in the subject line.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

3234 might be for dusting flowers or roses...
Reply to
woodchucker

My thoughts also.

Reply to
JAS

JAS fired this volley in news:lpujhq$dg7$1@dont- email.me:

Try to use it horizontally, or tilted upward. Won't work. L

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Why not? The container would be on top, not on bottom like shown. The plunger is what sends the dust out. A little at a time.

Reply to
woodchucker

woodchucker fired this volley in news:-LCdnSlAEOPUd1 _OnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Check the angle on the filler funnel. You cannot use it more tilted up than just a little above horizontal. If the 'hopper' is even halfway filled, it will spill out at horizontal, and empty itself completely when the tip is tilted above horizontal.

Roses (and most plants) need to be dusted on the bottoms of the leaves as well as the tops.

Not that... It's designed to be used vertically.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

there is a cap that would contain it.

Reply to
woodchucker

woodchucker fired this volley in news:CeqdnaaFE7oocl_OnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Then how could it feed, with the tip above horizontal?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

There is a pump handle... it pumps probably a mixture of air and the powder.

Whatever it is , it appears to be a pump for distributing a small (fine) amount of particulate ..

Reply to
woodchucker

Maybe it's for loading fireworks.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Coarse grained material or viscous fluid also possible. Turn it so the tube is at an angle and the funnel is upright. Leave rod in down position, remove funnel cap, fill funnel to level, with the rod acting as a shut off valve, return funnel cover, raise rod to allow contents of funnel to flow down tube. Funnel acts as rough measure.

Reply to
David J. Hughes

Text on it reads "PAT. JUNE. 24 .29", but that's not a Tuesday, so either it's an incorrect date or not a U.S. patent. One of my friends did some research and reported: "That date was a valid patent date for Greece, England, Germany, France and Denmark. There were 262 patents issued on that date in those countries combined, and I looked at those from England with no obvious hits."

The end of the plunger is tapered, a photo of it can be seen here:

funnel-t?in=1129

Reply to
Rob H.

Rob H. fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Rob, I don't like it for a powder loader, by virtue of the fact that it has no means to limit the amount of the charge. Powder piston loaders almost all have a means to meter out a fixed amount of powder per stroke.

That one seems to just admit powder more-or-less endlessly, without any particular method of stopping it. The tip would ram it, but what would stop the powder remaining in the tube from just 'drizzling out' when it was removed from the sprue it was intended to fill?

No... being a pyro person, I'm not happy with that being _anything_ to load powder into _anything_. (could be wrong, though. wouldn't be the first time!)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I think it's for medicating small animals . I know what a problem I have giving our dog her meds . Drop pill in funnel , insert tube into mouth , pull plunger and follow the pill down .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I agree that it's unlikely to be a powder loader, looks like this one will remain unsolved for a while.

Reply to
Rob H.

I went back and read the posts I have for this group, and didn't find the answers any where.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not this again!!! I just had a look and found them in about 20 seconds.

For future reference they are always half way down the same page (or just add #answers to the URL)

Reply to
David B

Guess you will remain ignorant

Reply to