What is it? Set 542

Looks to me to be similar to a roofer's square in some respects. Slightly more up-market and expensive than this one:

FU set to rec.woodworking

Reply to
Aardvark

Based on the translations of the words on this device I'm now sure it's for use with some type of artillery, though I couldn't find another one like it on the web. I don't have an answer yet for the brass tool but the rest have been posted here:

Thanks to everyone who answered the piston groove cleaner.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Why limit the followups to rec.woodworking -- especially since the later information seems to make it a military item -- an (artillery) gunner's protractor, not a woodworking tool?

I've reset the cross-posting as it was intended to be. This is one of the exceptions to setting followups to a single newsgroup, as there are people contributing from all three -- and most people do not

*read* all three newsgroups. I know that I only read rec.crafts.metalworking of the three.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols