What is it? Set 368

I need some help with two of them this week:

Rob H.

Alexander Thesoso

2120 appears to be a device for flensing flesh of a hide
Reply to
George W Frost

2123, boot heel spikes
Reply to
George W Frost

Some parts that froze off that famous brass monkey.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Mousetrap is correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

It's not for hides but works in a similar manner for something else.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2119 Money clip 2120 For Cream Style Corn ( pull ears over rake to cut kernels and the flat cuts them from the ear) 2121 Trap or food Shedder 2122 looks like the logo for Western auto co. ( could be a cover for a box) 2123 Cleats for golf or football shoes 2124 Bed knobs for brass bed?

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Yes, although they were advertised as being made for people in four different lines of work, two of which are related.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Dave Baker
2119: looks like it clamps on a leather belt; maybe a toolholder dangling 'eye' for a heavy tool belt?

2120: fish scaler'cleaner

2122: golf cleats/corks; to screw onto a shoe heel

2124: protective tips for a tusked work animal?

Reply to
whit3rd

Good guess, not exactly correct but in the right ballpark, the answers for this set can be seen at the link below:

Rob H.

still not identified.

What I think that it may be is a clasp to join a Sam Browne type belt to a normal belt (the diagonal over-the-shoulder support. You clamp it around the width of the main belt, and hook a loop on the end of the diagonal belt to the loop operated by the lever.

I had to look up what a fleam was -- and don't consider it to be likely to be connected to the clasp.

2121) I had guessed was a small critter trap, though I was not sure that it was specifically for a mouse.

None of the others were in my guessing range.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Sounds like a good guess, another possibility is that it was part of a horse harness or hames, since it looks like it was made to clamp onto leather and I found a patent for hames under the name Lasher.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.