What is it? Set 366

I need some help with the last item in this set:

Rob H.

Am 09.12.2010 11:42, schrieb Rob H.:

2108 Is used to serve wine, the inner glasstube can be filled with ice to keep the wine cool witout having melted ice in the wine. 2109 Is it to grab golfballs?

regards from .de Walter

Reply to
Walter Kraft

Am 09.12.2010 11:42, schrieb Rob H.:

2108 Is used to serve wine, the inner glasstube can be filled with ice to keep the wine cool witout having melted ice in the wine. 2109 Is it to grab golfballs? 2112 Might be a tension spring scale?

regards from .de Walter

Reply to
Walter Kraft
2107 Car storage tray, plugs in to a hitch. Often seen with a electric wheel chair, coolers, dead deer.... 2108 In the Hersey's Kiss commercial the inner tube dispenses the caramel, the larger outer the chocolate. What this one does I have no idea. 8>) 2109 Bellow / air pump? 2110 ream of some sort? Barn mounted on a pole / post? 2111 pipe clamp for working on water pipes. 2112 torques'esq device. maybe to check t> I need some help with the last item in this set:
Reply to
Michael Kenefick

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

2108 a wine cooler/dispenser, with the center container carrying ice 2109 a golf ball "shag bag" ball picker-upper 2110 looks to me like a semi-manual vegetable/fruit peeler 2111 looks to me like a spring tensioner or belt tensioner

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" fired this volley in news:Xns9E4953328C3C1lloydspmindspringcom@216.168.3.70:

got my numbers off by one 2112... skipped the pliers/wrench LS

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

These are both correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

That's not it.

I thinking along these lines, some type of tension gauge, I don't think it's a scale because if you held it while weighing something then the numbers on it would be upside down. Seems like it was made to be used by pulling on something horizontally.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Indeed...looks like manual tension gauge. The connection was for a relatively small piece w/ either a hook formed for the thumbscrew to go into or a ridge or similar one would presume. Otherwise, doesn't look like would hold too well on just a flat (unless the spring isn't as stout as it looks and the scale isn't pounds--altho thinking, 25 lbs at full stroke wouldn't be _that_ much)...

Well made device; definitely a serious purpose but I'm at a loss as to for what, specifically...

--

Reply to
dpb

2107: Could be used for planting seeds (by hand), avoiding confusion about adequate spacing?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

#2107: Noting the steel post--how about a window frame?

Bill

Reply to
Bill
2107 Carrier for rear of truck or van... extended tube so something can be mounted closer to vehicle first.

2108 Wine decanter, server ice goes in the middle, can be used for any drink though.

2109 Golf ball picker upper. used for practice in an open field.

2110 Corer of some sort.

2111 Crimper

2112 can be used as a tension scale to pull on something and test for breakage, or weight scale for smaller items like fish.

Reply to
tiredofspam

a really silly guess from germany...

2107 ... you have posted the answer yourself, directly at the right side ;) it is a positioning helper for thumbnails on a html page. (no, not a single idea what it is)

2108 to serve wine

2110 to form springs?

2112 a simple weigh (Waage), or maybee a torque measurement unit (Drehmomentanzeige)

Reply to
kapitaen

2111: crimping pliers for rounding metal edges for guttering or car doors, pots, pans etc.
Reply to
George W Frost

Correct, they are beading pliers for automobiles.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2010 might be a, hell, I don't know the name for it, and scoreboard doesn't sound right - it's a rack that holds race position numbers during a race. There was a similar one for sailing on the race director's boat on the bay where I grew up. R
Reply to
RicodJour

2107) Looks like the reinforced backing for a medium size highway sign. The backing is needed to keep it from bending in a strong wind. 2108) I don't see the fittings which I would expect, but this looks like some form of condenser -- with the outer jacket containing chilled water and the inner condensing vapor on the inside and dripping down into some kind of receptacle. 2109) Perhaps designed to dispense some kind of gooey substance, glue -- caulking compound, or something similar.

If it were smaller, I would suggest for applying decorative icing to a cake.

*or* -- it could be a filter cartridge for something like a swimming pool. 2110) Perhaps for winding a spiral spring? 2111) Looks like it is intended for pulling nails or staples. 2112) Lubricator for dispensing a known amount of (oil or grease) to a machine tool..

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

2112 trigger pull gauge
Reply to
Robert

It appears to be. The clamp on the end suggests that it is intended for some specific application.

I'm guessing it is used to set the pre-load on something. Clamp this gadget to the object, pull on the handle until the pointer reads the proper load, then clamp the object down. Question is: What is 'the object'?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Good guess! It's for making bed springs. Still not sure about the tension gauge but the rest of the answers for this week can be seen here:

Rob H.