What is it? Set 370

I need some help with three of the items this week:

Rob H.

2133 Looks like it made from copper and tinned on the inside for use for food cooking or . maybe is a pot that you fill with water and place on the stove and boil the water and use it to heat other pots , the different rings are for different sized pots to sit on. Or could be a steamer if the oer pots have holes in the bottoms. 2134 sealing wax container with finger ring
Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

2133 is used in chemistry labs to hold round-bottomed flasks of different sizes in a double boiler. The lower section is filled with water or mineral oil.
Reply to
lektric dan

2135: Tool for mixing a compost pile.
Reply to
Dave Balderstone

floorboards situated below him and for the entire blade length to go into the board and cut through any tangs. The conventional handle is designed for normal sawing with the user standing and the saw held at elbow level.

2136. I suspect these might be templates for copy lathes.
Reply to
Dave Baker

2132: On the first saw the front edge of the handle is at 90 and 45 degrees to the back of the blade so it can be used as a set square for marking out.

Dave Baker

My first thought till I looked and realised it isn't, certainly not the "90 deg" bit.

2132 is the proper tool for dealing with spammers
Reply to
Stuart

Correct, it's a compost turner.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

This isn't the answer that I was looking for but it does sound reasonable.

I think this is probably right but I haven't been able to find any others like them.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct, some saws have the angle stamped on with the handle but this one is unmarked.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2131 jolly green giants nut cracker :-) 2134 To check a persons Ring size. could possibly be bolted down like the pen's at the bank

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I agree that in the photo it doesn't look like 90 degrees, but I'm sure that it was distorted a little by the camera lens.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2131, is a hand operated chaff cutter 2132: two different saws, one has an angle marker, the other has not, made by Spears and Jackson 2133: it is a steamer pot, put water in the main pot and the other parts are for different sized pots to sit on for steaming, 2134: is a wax seal , the ring fits on the finger, the container holds the wax and the end bit is the hallmark. 2135: is a pipe sludge remover
Reply to
George W Frost
2131: sawbuck variant, probably (because the log will be close to the ground) for an axe-wielder who is busily trimming off branches. Maybe, could support light hewing (but only of the topmost surface, that close to the soil)

2133: fill the bottom with hot water, it keeps a bowl or pot in the center hot (or with ice water, cold). If you put a fire under it, it becomes a steam bath like old chem lab apparatus (usually seen with a round flask on the hole).

2136: cores for a hydraulic control valve?
Reply to
whit3rd

planing or perhaps shaping by an adze.

2132) Looks like it provides a more comfortable grip for someone with a large hand. 2133) The bottom half of a double boilerl with a set of adaptor rings to accommodate various sizes of upper pans -- the smallest for melting butter at a guess. 2134) Perhaps for waxing thread while sewing either in general, or to make it easier to start the thread through the eye of a needle. 2135) For gripping and pulling up a cylindrical vertical pipe, perhaps a well pipe which needs to be replaced. 2136) Hmm ... strange things. They look like part of a set of controls which select gears by rotating and sliding to proper positions -- perhaps for selecting threading gears in a gearhead lathe.

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Last week someone (on r.c.m.?)was looking for a way to pull rotted fenceposts from inside their concrete collar.

Number 2135 looks like it would do nicely.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

2136 are the interior slugs from hydraulic control valves. Different positions route the fluid to different ports of the housing these fit into.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

It was rec.crafts.metalworking -- but they were looking for ways to pull the plugs of concrete (footers) from below rotted and removed fenceposts.

Rotted posts, yes. The concrete footer plugs, no.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The top handle can be used as a square to measure 90 and 45 degrees.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone