What is it? Set 306

Photoshop /is/ a power tool.

Reply to
Richard Heathfield

Think #1746 may be a Graphotype, in the 6100 series. See:

making military dog tags manually?

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Leon Fisk fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

C'mon Rob.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Thanks Leon! I just updated the answer page.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, looks like you nailed it, I've had a really busy couple of days and didn't have time for more than a quick search on some of the guesses, I obviously missed this one. So once again they've all been answered correctly, thanks for your help with the machine ID!

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

scanning slides dating from about 1961 to the time I went to digital, at about 75-100 slides per day. And I have about 2910 slides to scan total, so it is not a quick process. I reached bedtime (*my* bedtime, not normal people's bedtime) and had not yet gotten into the newsgroups, so I missed my chance to post.

But -- the ice scraper appears to have a "GM" (General Motors) logo printed on it, and I would consider that it would make a really good windshield scraper, with that hook on the flip side good for breaking the skin on the harder ice coatings.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Well, Lloyd S. had it pegged, I just provided some evidence :) I think my Google karma was strong for the moment...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Some people around here think it may be for dog tags too! No one is sure though, and there is no makers name on it, unless it's underneath! The machine is incredibly heavy!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

That seems to be it all right! I will pass it on to the owner of the shop. Thanks to all who helped.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Shame your not closer. I was just talking to one of the other officers in the FD. We were looking at replacement accountability tags for the crew. We need at least 4 per person and the common tags are plastic or laminated paper (neither fare very well in FIRES!). Then I thought of dog tags. Stainless steel, durable, legible and enough room for the proper information. Plus it would be possible to powder coat or paint them after stamping. Then I looked at what it would cost for them. (40 members X 4 plus spares) Of course the latest thing is that they would like your picture on them. I said fine, one picture ID that you use for EMS and such and the tags for fire ground use.

Reply to
Steve W.

Get yourself some metal and stamp them out with a hand set. Even the Harbor Freight stamp set should be good enough for that project.

I would think brass might be easier to work with, finding a suitable material maybe the hardest part.

McMaster has quite a few stamp sets, probably a more appropriate type size too. Maybe this link:

know with McMaster, if you are passing on a good link or not... Steel Stamps on page 1910 is where I was looking.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Just a suggestion, but if there's a National Guard armory near you give them a call and ask the quartermaster if they can make dog tags--if they can then see what they'll charge to do the order for you.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I thought about that. Then I realized that a machine would be MUCH easier and probably cheaper in the end (Band-aids for the inevitable misses can add up :-)

Reply to
Steve W.

The way my luck runs I'd get them done and then get busted for misuse of the publics money or something like that...

Although I do know two Reserve armories and a NG unit nearby...

Reply to
Steve W.

Gunner Asch