What Is It?

I made this today. What is it?

Both sides have a matching bottom profile.

14" long, 13" wide. 5.5" tall at the rear, 7" tall at the front. Open front, rear and bottom.

Hints: I just bought a 2017 Honda Odyssey EX-L. It's purpose is directly related to woodworking.

DerbyDad03

Looks like it would go over the center console to make a flat surface.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Close. Your answer is missing one word.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Support

Reply to
Leon

Where are you putting that word?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Looks like off-the-shelf Home Depot, New Zealand Radiata Pine.

Dave in SoTex

Reply to
Dave in SoTex

It'll never work! The top front/rear edges aren't angled to match... :)

I dunno...the stuff from Menards (only clear pine of any sort it seems from the box store) I got has much more prominent brown flecks and lacks the clear growth ring coloration...it didn't have any more identification than "Product of New Zealand" and I hadn't tried to find a species id.

The HD is across the road but I didn't go over; much prefer Menards as a rule.

Reply to
dpb

The missing word is *base*.

It goes over the center console *base* to make a flat surface.

In my 06 Odyssey the center console was hinged to the side of passenger seat and open underneath. Wide boards (up to 12") could slip underneath but the height of the stack was limited. Fold the console down and 10" wide boards could be stacked pretty high. Maximum length was just under

11'.

On the 17 Odyssey, they "solidified" the console. Nothing can go underneath.

But it comes out...

The bottom profile matches the floor on each side of the base. The angle results in the top being level with back of the cargo area of the van. Rubber pads front and rear of the stack will protect the wood from damaging anything if (when) something slides.

I may need to paint it "Truffle". ;-)

I'm pretty anal about keeping my vehicles clean and un-dinged up, even though I haul a lot of stuff in the Odyssey's. Cardboard for the sides, moving blankets on the carpets, etc. My 06 looks immaculate compared to some of the

16-17's that we were looking at.

The one I bought is Certified Pre-Owned, so it's in really good shape and I plan to keep it that way.

Hitch and ATF cooler going on this weekend.

Reply to
DerbyDad03