What happened to TiteBond polyurethane glue?

Yep, used it many times. They still make it, but as far as I know HD doesn't sell it and never did. Are you sure you didn't buy it at Lowe's?

Anyway... you can find it on the shelf at Lowe's, Rockler, or Woodcraft.

Doug Miller

Titebond also makes what they call Titebond III It exceeds poly glue, but costs less. I cannot recall for certain, but it seems to me that this was the name

Reply to
KB8QLR

How exactly does TB III exceed Poly glue? Does it fill gaps, sand off easily, accept stain? While neither glue is strong on a gap, the poly will at least close it.

Reply to
Leon

I cannot recall for certain, but it seems to me that this was the name of the polyurethane glue that I once used. It came in a black bottle and stored upside down. I know I bought it at HD, but they of course know nothing about it and wanted me to buy Gorilla Glue. I bought it and tried it, but liked the other kind better. Wish I could find it. Anyone know what I am talking about??

Reply to
DIYGUY

If you have a gap, you have a weak joint. Cut your joints accurately and you won't have to worry if the glue fills the gap.

Reply to
Larry

Depends on the properties you are looking for.

Higher strength 4000 vs. 3500 psi Shorter clamp time 1/2 hour versus 2-4 hours Water cleanup No water activation No gloves needed. Half the price

No one glue can do it all. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

I believe I mentioned that in my comment.

Reply to
Leon

You are gonna be real disappointed. It no longer comes in the upside down bottle. But that's a good thing. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

PJ