What am I doing wrong with Google Groups

Seems like it used to be when I read posting on Google, exited and came back later it showed the number of posts since my last visit. Now everytime I return the number keeps getting bigger. It's over 3000 now for the wreck and just keeps getting larger. And regardless of how far back I go it always says something on the order of 8 new posts of 8 total for every subject. I dont recall changing any settings but evidently my computer is not keeping track or I have inhibited Google from keeping track. Now it's also possible I'm having a Senior Moment and am just imagining it used to keep track. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

I don't like the new google newsreader too much. You might be better off to setup Outlook Express as your newsreader (since there's a good chance it came pre-installed on your computer). You can choose others, of course, but I find that a real newsreader is lot better in many ways.

-- Tom

Reply to
Tom

Amen Amen Amen.... And I do not use Outlook ...BUT a dedicated newsreader is just to handy to do without...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

I use Agent as my newsgroup reader along with Supernews as the provider. No problems.

Jim in Milwaukee

Reply to
Stinky

Go figure. Started working again. Must have been the planet alighnment.

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas