What a Christmas, made out like a bandit, I did.

3 pieces of music:

Standard Songs for Average People - John Prine & Mac Wiseman CD

Live On Soundstage 1980- John Prine DVD

LIVE from Austin City Limits and more... - Steve Goodman DVD

My wife and kids know what I like. Amazing material, both musically and historically.

Music to woodshop by... I got this litlle ripper program which allows me to put the DVD soundtracks onto my iPod.

I also received Darrell Peart's book on Greene & Greene and found a couple of projects which I want to make over the next year.

Life is good.

Merry Christmas.

Reply to
Robatoy

Enjoy the tunes...

I got one of these:

morning I went in the shop and it was getting very hostile looks from my Oneway Termite..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Lot's of music and DVDs and other cool stuff including a big fat Lee Valley gift certificate!

Reply to
DGDevin

Methods of Work Slipcase set from Taunton!! Hooray!

Merry Christmas and other Holidays to all! JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

ah yes John Prine has always been on of my favorite's along with J.J. Cale and throw on a little Don Williams. Saw Moody Blues At Royal Albert Hall on P.B.S a while back and had to make a donation and got the DVD watta gas those guy's look old haha. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

"mac davis" wrote

> This morning I went in the shop and it was getting very hostile looks from > my

With a name like Supercut Universal Tool, I would expect it to do almost anything!!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Oh man, what a disaster The Moodies have become. These guys are perfect candidates for AutoTune and such soft-/hardware. They can't carry a harmony in a bag. Shameful!... and this is coming from a guy who has spent hours and hours listening to them. I recently bought a set of unopened vinyl.. their first 7 albums. Original issues. Just wonderful. They should have left well enough alone.

Reply to
Robatoy

allows

The words "litter ripper" really jumped out at me.

When I was a kid, was given a prue breed English setter pup which was sired by a dog named "Ripper", so when I registered the pup, gave him the name "Little Ripper", but was always called "Mike".

Can you imagine standing outside and yelling, "Here Little Ripper"?

Let me tell you, "Here Mike", worked a whole lot better.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hehehehe...that reminded me of my middle daughter who often had some pretty profound things to say when she was still little and innocent.

When she was 5, I took her to a dog show. I had a pass to the grooming area and she was in awe. She stopped and looked around, then looked at me and whispered : "not a good place to yell the word Bingo, heh dad?"

Reply to
Robatoy

>>> This morning I went in the shop and it was getting very hostile looks from >> my

It says that it does..lol Designed as a "easy to use" bowl gouge, it's supposed to hollow like a termite, scrape bottoms and sides, then undercut hollow forms.. Oh.. and mage "glass smooth" surfaces on the inside of bowls..

So far, it's a disappointment... They put a cheap setscrew on the pivot head that strips out if you try to tighten it... I has to be tight, or as you're making a cut, it "unpivots"... I can re-work it, but it's not a real good design, IMO..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Star washer underneath? Or maybe rubber?

Failing that, score with a diamond paddle.

Reply to
George

Not sure what diamond paddle means, George..

Basically, when you tighten the set screw, it brings the sides of the tip closer together, pinching the shoulders on the tool shaft..

The first time that I loosened the allen head it striped round enough to slip, so I have been using pliers to tighten it for now.. I'm thinking that I'll need to drill and tap for a larger diameter and better quality allen bolt..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

The thing's cupped on both sides? I thought it was flat on the bottom like others I've seen. More like the standard metal-cutting tooling. If cupped, a spacer to fill the cup and a higher grade capscrew would be my direction before I weakened the end any by enlarging the hole.

My Stewart system had some cheap capscrews on it, which I promptly screwed up by using the SAE versus metric allen set.

Reply to
George