Artichoke bandit.

I picked up a couple of artichoke plants in 6" pots at the local nursery, and left them on the patio overnight. The next morning the plants had been pulled out of the pots and the roots had been eaten off right up to the stem, The leaves were untouched.

We have spotted raccoons and opossums in the area at night.

Does anyone happen to know which kind of critter enjoys artichoke root?

Reply to
Special Agent Melvin Purvis (z