We're coming home!!!!!

After 3 years living in a "non-aligned" country, I am moving my little tribe back to the USof A. We bought our house and sent off the papers for my wife's visa today. With any luck, I should be buying my new shop in about 4 months. Look out North Carolina, Johnnie is marching home.

Yippee John

Reply to
John Gilham/Patsy Scott

Which "non-aligned" country might that be?

Reply to
Upscale

Reply to
John Gilham/Patsy Scott

Welcome back to God's Country. Where in North Carolina?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

The song, however, was definitely "aligned" - to the North!

Might want to look up the lyrics to "Dixie" if the pressure groups still allow it to be played.

Reply to
George

Granite Falls

Reply to
John Gilham/Patsy Scott

Better brush up on what's been going on in NASCAR if you're going to be living in NC. My cousin in Raleigh tells me that they teach their children to count this way: One, two, Earnhardt....

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Congrats, John!! If you were going to be closer to the left coast, we could get together and swap Aussie jokes.. *g*

Reply to
mac davis

Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin... :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

Never been to NZ, but from the pictures I've seen it could give NC a handicap and still be the winner for that title :-).

And NC is a pretty state.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Precisely.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I was thinking the same thing.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 5:05am snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Upscale) asks: Which "non-aligned" country might that be?

I'm not sure, with the "non-aligned" he could be meaning California.

In any event, North Carolina isn't a bad place to be. Jeez, I've been here 25 years already. Damn. And they still call me a Yankee. LMAO

JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

- Dr Seuss

Reply to
J T

Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 5:56pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@conroy-family.net (patrick=A0conroy) says: Uhh, he said N.C., not Wisconsin... :)

I've been in that part of the world. He obviously meant NC.

JOAT Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind.

- Dr Seuss

Reply to
J T

Well, just don't come here in Winter, is all. During summer, Wisconsin is right pleasant. Last year, Patrick, it was July

5th through the 7th, wasn't it?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sorry. I even have the T-Shirt with the caption "God's area code is 906" and the proper outline....

Reply to
George

After only 25 years, you're lucky they don't call you a Damned Yankee.

Fergit? Hell!

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

What a wonderful bit of insight! (and possibly a really good /triple/ entendre [not to find fault or anything])

Don't feel bad. I'm originally from Georgia; and they still make me "re-qualify" when I go back to visit.

BTW, yankeehood doesn't normally wear off and there's no known cure. (-8

Actually, NC is a really /good/ place. Unlike most of Iowa, NC actually has real live forests (with trees and everything!)

Strange thing for me to latch onto - but I remember being able to buy milk in North Carolina stores that was richer than I ever found in any other part of the country, including the "Dairy State."

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I thought New Zealand was aligned kind of Southwest to Northeast

:-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 10:00pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.remove (Mortimer=A0Schnerd,=A0RN) says: After only 25 years, you're lucky they don't call you a Damned Yankee.

Nah, I fit in right well. I'm the Yankee version of a good ol' boy.