waxing a table saw plate?

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw plate nice and slippery?

Reply to
bdeditch

Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in Johnson's product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

R ;-)

Reply to
Rumpty

Slipit

and Boeshield are two products for this purpose. Slippett is a white wax looking product which contains no silicone.

Boeshield is a spray on.

Both are effective at preventing rust. Slipit is perhaps more slippery.

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

A simple Google search of "johnson paste wax" gives

the first result.

No, it has NOT been discontinued. Neither years ago nor now.

Michael Latcha, at home in Redford, MI

Reply to
Michael Latcha

Imagine my surprise last week when I saw the Johnson's paste wax at my local

3 year old Lowe's. I actually have seen it quite a few times in the last few months in the Houston area in different stores.

Go here and you will find that in the U.S. you can still buy the product.

Leon

: >> What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw : >> plate nice and slippery? : >>

: >>

: >

: > Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes. : : Nope, not so. You can buy it all over the place here. Got some last weekend in fact.

Reply to
Pop

Actually, is your tongue in your cheek? LOL Flame ON.

Reply to
Leon

I use "Top Saver" #GC-010 by General international (25$ can.). It is a rust remover and lubricant combined in the same product.

S.B.

"bdeditch" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
SBO

Didn't we just have this Johnson's Wax discussion about 10 days ago in a separate thread? All y'all keep this up and I'll upload another episode of Fibber McGee and Molly, perhaps with a Christmas theme instead of woodworking this time.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

Johnson's paste wax is currently found in many stores. Stick with what you know--RAS's.

Dave

Reply to
David

Are you talking about the table insert or table or both? The first thing I do is sand all the paint off the insert. The paint is put on by the manufacturer to indicated a danger area, but it will gum up over time from the resin in the wood. then it will either streak your fine hardwood or at the very least create a variable viscosity surface which is exactly what you don't want on the feed surface of a saw.

In my opinion it doesn't matter as much how much resistance the feed has (how slippery) as long as it is consistent throughout and you don't hit areas that have more or less drag. That is a dangerous condition.

Any table top wax that does not have silicone will do. I use Empire, but have used many others.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

This is not true. It was a rumer that got out of hand. Jhonson's paste wax is still made and sold, though they did qit selling it in Canada.

Reply to
CW

I use SLIPIT as well.

-jj

Reply to
JJ

One more time: It's been discontinued in Canada, not in the U.S..

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

No foolin' you, eh?

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Well thanks for all of the advise. I am going to try find some Johnsons paste wax, providing they haven't outlawed it here in california. Thanks to all of the experinced woodworkers our there. Barry in Northern CA

Reply to
bdeditch

Leon,

Who me????