Wanted: magnifying safety glasses

Guess I'm just getting older and my eys aren't what they used to be. Has anyone seen/know wher I can get magnifying safety glasses that will fit over my existing glasses?

Thanks jw

Yes...the same company that makes the Little Wizard sells them

S.

Reply to
Bob S.

I bought a pair a couple weeks ago in one of the chain woodworking stores. Call around.

No, they are not great, but better than glasses and safety glass, as my woodworking shop requires.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

My first recommendation is to get glasses specifically for woodworking (and other close-up stuff). You can get bifocals made that are for close work above and really close work on the bottom. No good for distance, but useful around the shop etc.

In the meanwhile, if you can't find the magnifying safety glasses (there are some at Lee Valley, but they don't specify that they fit over glasses) is to look for a product made by Optix. It's a stick-on lens that you add to your regular safety glasses. Here's one link, found at random:

(I've never found the maker's web site).

Hard to get around here, but I understand they're easier to find in drug stores and such in the US.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

I use transitional safety glasses, and wear them all of the time. I can actually see everything clearly from 3 feet and on out so the top half of the safety glass has no magnification at all. The only problem I have is close-up overhead work, anyone have any good solutions for that?

Reply to
vmtw

Thanks to all for the pointers

jw

j wrote:

See your eye wear professional. When I got my safety/prescription glasses he discussed some people require the variable bifocals on the top of the lens for overhead work like you mentioned. Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

If you just mean reading glasses try

Gfretwell