Walker Turner wood metal bandsaw

Hey Guys and Gals, I have a chance to purchase an old WT 16" wood/metal cutting bandsaw. It only has 8" of cutting height. I am not sure how much resawing I will be doing with the saw so I am not sure how much of a factor this would be. I am wondering if there are any other reasons that a wood/metal saw would not be as good as a wood cutting saw. I really don't plan to use the saw for metal at all. Can anyone think of any reasons for me to wait for a 16" wood cutting bandsaw instead? Need to make or brake the deal soon so let me know what you think asap. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have.

Sean

Reply to
Sean McGrath

If the price is right and it does 80-250 fpm + 2500-4000 fpm (metal / wood) it should be a good deal. You can deal it off later if you have to get a bigger saw.

Wes

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Sean McGrath) wrote:

Reply to
clutch