Vix bits vs. "Hinge" bits

Leon, you are right, I went back and looked again, then went out to garage to make sure I was looking at what I was posting about, The one I have is indeed a vix bit with that type holder, I couldn't find it at their web site, so I went down to the Sears store, about a mile away and all I could find there were the countersink bits for the holder. Talked to the tool guy there and he remembers them also But maybe they've quit carrying them now. That seems to be the way when you find something that works good, CC

>>> they have a cheaper 3 part set that looks like a cheap set to me >> also.

Reply to
CC

Apparently you didn't read my whole reply CC. Sears does sell Hinge bits, or Vix bits if you want to call them that.

Here is the link again to both sears and amazon Vix bits.

The Sears item #00964336000 Mfr. model #64336

at amazon:
the tool guy at Sears doesn't know about them, it is probably because he is looking for Vix bits and not Hinge bits. At any rate, the Sears computer knows about them:-)

Reply to
Jack Stein

> or at amazon:

Hi Jack, I read your whole reply, yes, they carry a set of them, but the ones I had bought and are using are the one's that fit in the holder that I used for a link, I have not used the type that the link you showed goes to. So I was only familiar with the one that is no longer shown, Or, if it's available, I cannot find the link to them Thanks CC

Reply to
CC

I have an old, very old, set of vix bits that I think I got at Sears, not sure. These don't have a drill bit in them, but a flat hunk of metal with a point on it. These work great except I broke the metal "drill" bit on one of them and it is not replaceable, and doesn't come apart. The one shown at:

a drill bit in it, and it looks like the bit is replaceable if you break it or need to sharpen the bit. The old ones I own never gave me a problem other than the one I broke, which was my stupidity, no fault of the tool.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Don't you really hate it when you break a good tool and there are no parts for it, or they cannot be replaced. I think I am going to be in the same shape if I break the one I have, At least it looks that way so far. CC

Reply to
CC