Vanity Plans (Not BATHROOM, but stand-alone -for wife)

Hello, does nayone know where I can find some make-up vanity plans? I'm pretty new to WW and trying to build something special for my wife, who has put up with all of my tool-craziness over the past few years. I searched all over the internet and all I can find are BATHROOM vanities...please help?

Thanks!

Fred snipped-for-privacy@comcast.spam.com

Reply to
Fred

Maybe google for "drysink", or maybe vanity -bathroom

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Can you be more specific, Fred. Where are you gonna put it? Roughly, how big do you want it? Can you take a bathroom vanity base and just adapt it?

Remember to honor our troops...past and present.

And have a nice Memorial Day weekend.

Trent©

Reply to
Trent©

IDAGS on +"bedroom vanity" +plans and think that might be a good starting point for you.

Actually, all you really need are two pedestals with drawers that are joined by a vertical panel at the back and by a shelf at the top - with a mirror for application of "war paint" while sitting; and checking hems, straps, etc while standing. A matching bench seat with a cushion would probably be a major plus. Another plus might be provision for plugging in a small table lamp at the back of both pedestals.

If you don't find vanity plans, you /can/ find desk plans that you can adapt for building the pedestals and drawers; dresser plans should provide the info you need to mount the mirror, and your local glass company can provide a cosmetics and perfume immune center shelf.

I'd suggest looking at commercially-built vanities on the web for ideas; then showing your wife what you've found - along with your sketch of what you think you can handle building that you think she'd like and working up your design (with her) from there.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Reply to
JGS