Update on my new Rockler router table

As I noted in an earlier post, I purchased the Rockler router table and fence this weekend, and got a fence which was roughly THREE degrees out of square.

Well, I took it back to get a new one.

They had two display fences. One was out by about two degrees, one was out by just one degree.

They pulled a new one out of the box for me, it was out anywhere from 0 to 1 degree along its length. Went home with that one.

I've shimmed it with TWO pieces of duct tape (I'm a Southerner...it's in my blood), and its now square to the table.

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION OUT THERE ROCKLER??? The table is otherwise a great table; flat as a pancake, a great value, a breeze to set up (minus the shims, that is!), decent accesories, and a nice size to boot. But if your fences are THAT out of square, you have a real problem with quality control.

Can't wait to get some sawdust out of it now!

Reply to
wood_newbie

Dont think its just the tables. Go back and search a bit on some of the plans they sell!

Reply to
Rob V

What exactly is out of square? The actual extrusion? I bought a Rockler fence at a garage sale to use on a router table I never seem to quite get around to building. If it is junk I will make other plans. (Of course, I paid $5 for mine, but still...)

Reply to
Toller

Right, that blue aluminum extrusion that serves as the subfence. (Two melamine-covered MDF inserts then provide the sliding fence sections.)

Put a square up against it and let me know what ya got!

Reply to
wood_newbie

Reply to
nospambob

Reply to
support

Mine is spot on 90 degrees. I used a machinist's square to check it. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Maybe I got lucky. Mine is right on. Good luck with yours...

Reply to
Toller