Update for: Glue for plywood chairs

I posted a question over a month ago about gluing up some plywood chairs (can be read here:

Just a follow up to say the spline idea worked wonders to hold the joints together!

You can see the finished dining room here: Have had several people over for dinner for testing.. the largest being well over 300lbs and they held up. And are quite comfortable.

Chair here:
here:
a big thank you to Andy and Peter for the help!

Reply to
Mike Peck

>> Just a follow up to say the spline idea worked wonders to hold the > joints together!

One look at those chairs makes my arthritis act up!

Interesting project. You must know people who are built different than me. It looks more like sculpture than furniture. But that is OK. To each his own.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

comfortable.http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikecpeck/428965312/>> One Chair here:

> Splines here:
> So a big thank you to Andy and Peter for the help!

I wanted to see a picture of the 300 pounder sitting in those chairs. They look great. Good job.

Reply to
Jeff

Hey - glad it worked! Very interesting - I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for the update, Andy

Reply to
Andy

That's one nice dining set you have there :-) and it goes well with the room - for my taste.

[applause] -P.
Reply to
Peter Huebner

They look good! I am glad to see you added the diagonal piece; wouldn't have held 100 pounds without it.

Reply to
Toller