this post is directed ONLY to unisaw owners who bought their saws BRAND
'used' (like I did). *or*
for folks who actually WORKED on
delta's assembly line BUILDING the unisaws.
folks who bought their saws used wouldn't have any REASON to know the
-answers- to these questions...
1. was -your- new unisaw fully assembled when you got it on 'day one'?
2. or was it 'mostly assembled, but not entirely'?
3. if it wasn't FULLY assembled, did your saw come with a bag (or
multiple bags, and/or small boxes) of fasteners, and other assorted
4. if the answer to 4 (above) is affirmative, did you ever know what
each and EVERY small parts IN those bags and boxes WERE?
5. more specifically, when you bought your saw 'day one', was the cast
iron top already fastened to the gray pedestal?
6. anyone here know -with-certainty- if unisaws were offered for sale
new in both fully assembled -and- 'partially assembled' versions?
yeah, same reasons for asking, guys :-)
toolie, still wanting to 'shim up' my knowledge-base :-)
the original thread:
unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upper elevation
stops? won't lower, binds at top... - rec.woodworking | Google Groups
offloading my (old, used) unisaw:
the unisaw 'blade elevation worm and shim mysteries' site: