gluing prefinished plywood

I'm planning to use prefinished maple plywood for some kitchen cabinets. I just read a post on another topic where someone mentioned using Roo Clear glue for prefinished plywood. Has anyone else used it, or is there something better for gluing prefinished plywood? Or does regular PVC woodworking glue work? Thanks, Eric

Reply to
eag111

Roo's what we use and what I'd recommend. What do you mean by PVC glue? Do you mean polyurethane? If so, I definitely wouldn't use that. It'll foam all over the place.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Hi Eric. I made the post about the melamine, if that's the one you're referring to.

I just read a discussion about the prefinished ply on woodweb. Might want to read through that. Turned into more like a debate about simply joining dry with screws (on the boxes of course) or to dado the sides/floors in so you can use regular glue. Others just took the approach to butt join them, dry, with screws. Similiar question to what I'm asking, except about melamine in my case.

At this point, I'd have to say there's camps on both sides of the argument. I can't comment on the Roo or Tightbond Melemine on prefinished - sorry. I am pretty sure regular Titebond 1, 2, 3 won't work at all.

Jim In FL

Reply to
Jim Bailey