UV Plywood

I bought some UV maple ply for some cabinets. It was the Georgia Pacific version of UV ply. It is kinda wimpy. Very light and easily split when screws are used into the ends.

When screwing near the ends of the 1/2" stuff (through the face, not the ends) the plys will separate.

I have built the uppers out of the first stuff I bought and think the GP stuff will work on the base cabs, but I would prefer something that feels and works a bit better.

Has anyone used the Columbia version of UV plywood or any other brand of UV plywood or have any other comments?

Reply to
Wyatt Wright

Drill pilot holes before putting the screws in will solve this problem

John

Reply to
John

I did predrill with a counter sinking bit. The bit part is pretty small, but that did not stop the plys from separating. I know I could use a larger bit, and probably will, but that does not address my concerns about what seems to be pretty cheap product.

Reply to
Wyatt Wright