Unisaw 220 Wiring

The 4 prong plug is for 2 live wires, a neutral and a case ground. If you choose to obtain a socket to match the plug on the saw you will use the two live wires and the case ground. The wiring in the 4 prong plug if wired correctly should contain one red wire as a live wire, one black wire as the other live wire (220 volts across them), a white wire as the neutral (Not needed in your application) and a bare copper as the case ground. Wire them to the new socket according to the instructions that usually comes with new sockets and you'll be in business.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

FWIW ... "message threading" comes fairly close to guaranteeing that those you're attempting to help will get the benefit of your wisdom. Starting a new thread, just the opposite.

Reply to
Swingman

I have found that responding to or giving Don Dando any advise falls on deaf ears.

Reply to
Leon

That's OK .... there needs to be some input in the archives to prove that the bell curve extends to the left, as well as the right.

Reply to
Swingman

LOL, and apparently I cannot chose the right advice, or is that advise. :~) I'll blame it on OE.

Reply to
Leon