Twin blade saw

Several years ago I saw a saw on closeout at HD which was unlike any I have seen before or since. It had two blades side by side like an electric kitchen knife. Anyone familiar with this oddity?

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Sounds like they had a dado blade set mounted on the arbor

were doing something like this

S.

Reply to
BobS

Nope. Straight blades "like an electric kitchen knife", remember? Apparently they reciprocated. As best I can remember the blades were about 18 inches long.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

You left out the "straight blades" part originally. "Like an electric kitchen knife" could be interpreted to mean "right next to each other". Was this saw a stationary tool like a table saw or band saw or a portable tool like a reciprocating saw?

todd

Reply to
todd

Like this?

Not surprising that you didn't find it. I believe that it's intended market is the meat packing industry.

RicodJour

That looks like it, other than the color. Wonder what it was doing on the closeout table at Home Depot? At least I didn't just dream it. Thanks!

Reply to
Gerald Ross

From the sounds of your desc. It sounds like a foam cutting saw ... Upholstery Trade. Usually set up with a flat base approx 4" X 2" with glides on base for running along work table. Most common blade length is 12". AFAIK Bosch are the only firm still making them.

Reply to
Paul D

Craftsman had one with two blades. They were suppose to prevent kickback. The whole saw was recalled for some reason.

Reply to
tdup2