TRUING TOOL ADVANCER for TORMEK

Has anyone tried the new Tormek truing tool advancer and if so, is it worth the bucks?

Reply to
Herb Robinson

Do you have a link?

Reply to
Leon

Received mine a while ago but have't had the time to test it out yet. Will let you know when I do.

Reply to
antoine

see: timberlinetools.com/product_p/tormek%20adv-50d.htm

Reply to
Herb Robinson

A diamond tipped tool is often used to dress stones. My experience is Tormek stuff is grossly overpriced but in this case it seems to be priced right.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

I don't think that is the same thing as the advancer that the OP is talking about.

Reply to
Leon

Wrong tool - try this link

jev

Personally, yes it is. Best wheel truing I've ever been able to get. I know the truing tool works but I hated using that thing. Pain in arse, as far as I'm concerned. They have a giveaway contest going on now, too.

Reply to
ToolManJimmy

If this is the tool that tormek sells for truing up the stones, I've used mine several times over the past couple years.

I think it works well.

Herb Rob> Has anyone tried the new Tormek truing tool advancer and if so, is it worth

Reply to
william kossack

Nope...not the same. This jig works WITH the ADV-50. I just found a review of this jig here:

william kossack wrote:

Reply to
ToolManJimmy

Reply to
william kossack

Worth it? Hell no... $60.00 for a fixed threaded rod and knob? Make your own for $10 or less.

Reply to
Leon

You should read the article. It explains it very well. Worth reading for sure.

william kossack wrote:

Reply to
ToolManJimmy