dust collector hose question

I'm considering the Delta 50-761 dust collector. This thing has either a 7" inlet or else three 4" inlets, depending on whether the adapter is in place.

The thing is, 7" hose/pipe is uncommon.

Given this, would it make sense to drop it down to 6" for my runs, or would I lose airflow that way?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Chris; The six inch runs will work fine. The only problem you may have is that you can only use one machine at a time. The 3 four inch hoses would allow three machines to run at the same time. Use the one six inch for each machine and you will have much better dust collection. The more air flow you have at the machine the better the fine dust gets collected. You may have to get creative and increase the collection port size on your machines. Four inch seems to be standard for most machines.

If you really want to get into dust collection take a look at this web site. It'll keep ypu busy for a while.

Redd