Trimming Edging

Pat comes through yet again!

-- "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It helps if you don't use the router handles to hold move it. Try using your thumbs on the baseplate with fingers extending down onto each side of the ply to help steady it vertically.

Reply to
dadiOH

Reply to
tiredofspam

I wouldn't know. I've always used a trimming bit.

Reply to
HeyBub

Greg Guarino wrote in news:jkvagt$rmt$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I tried it, and that's exactly what happened. It would work if I had some kind of stop (sacrificial piece of ply next to it plus a shim?), but there's better ways to do it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I received one of those HF trimmers as a gift a number of years ago... it remains in the box as the base/fence are, as noted above, virtually unusable. Perhaps there is a way to make it work that is counterintuitive (compared to all the Porter Cable, Jet and Delta tools I own)???

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

In any case, I'm happy to have been able to *offer* advice for a change around here. :)

Being, as I mentioned, a novice, I actually made a small mockup using the same materials. I tried trimming the edge material with a router & edge-trimming bit. I found that, at least in my hands, it was difficult to keep the router level and the cut smooth. The rabbet plane worked nicely and perhaps most importantly, was easier for me to control.

Reply to
Greg Guarino