Torque Unisaw Top

40 foot pounds suggested torque for a 7/16" diameter bolt.

It doesn't specify coarse or fine thread.

Does it matter or is it 40 for both?

Reply to
The Wolf

Try this link:

Mark

each chart has a different opinion.

Reply to
Mark

Thanks.

Reply to
The Wolf

The Unisaw torque requirements are not really that precise. Tighten the bolt till it's just right and stop...

See theses procedures by a company that does it every day....

Wolf wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thank you Pat. I thought for a minute the whole world had gone mad or the top was going to fly off my saw.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

It all depends o the root diameter doesn't it. Same root diameter same max torque fine or coarse doesn't matter....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Okay, I hereby retract my statement that you are not funny.

(watson - who is still curious about whether you have to be rich to be British, rather than being merely English. Lest you believe this to be a question without merit or historical antecedent; I'd heard that Bob Hope was presented to the Queen, who said to him, "I understand the you were born British." Hope is alleged to have replied, "No M'am, my family was too poor to be British - we were English.")

I always loved Bob Hope. I wish he'd lived forever - instead of only almost.

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)

Tom Watson

sounds right. the british royalty came from brittany, france to england....

Reply to
Bridger

Which ones?

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman asks:

My understanding is that the current bunch (Windsor) is German.

Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

the ones after whom great britian was named....

Reply to
Bridger

The current crop of "british royalty" is Germanic ...and has been since the early 1700's.

Reply to
Swingman

Except that the root diameter of course and fine are not the same. Also not the same is the angle of the thread.

Here is a chart, might have been posted already:

must admit it would never cross my mind to use a torque wrench on any of my woodworking tools.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood