I am in the process of finishing a project for SWMBO and she has
requested that it be painted :-(
Anyway, I am using Benjamin Moore's Oil-based Satin Impervo product and
am at a bit of a loss to identify a suitable topcoat for it and am
looking for recomendations.
The piece will see some normal wear but nothing out of the ordinary.
However, it is quite likely that drinks will be set on it from time to
time. I am looking for something compatable with the oil paint that
will have the following characteristics;
- Somewhat durable
- Satin to semi-gloss lustre.
- Will be relatively clear although I don't mind something that will
age to a nice patina. I would like to stay away from anything that
leaves it with a "plastic" look.
- Can be applied via spraying from a 3-stage HVLP.
- Be somewhat resistant to cold liquids (drinks will sometimes be set
- Can accept a periodic coat of paste wax.
Can anyone recommend a product that has all (or most) of these
Thanks in advance for your time . . .