Tool shroud

This is one of the better dust collecting devices I've seen. I've ordered two of them. Finally, a practical solution.

Ed Pawlowski

Dust from a hand plane. Need any swamp land?

This is one of the better dust collecting devices I've seen. I've ordered two of them. Finally, a practical solution.

m II

I don't like the concept. It diminishes the experience of the hand plane. It'll try to tilt the plane away from a right angle and the hose will get in the way as you push it, I'll bet. PASS!

It's a solution for no problem which creates yet another problem.

P.S: Shavings aren't dust, they're Hungarian Paper Towels.

-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Check your calendar ;-)

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

how about some air brakes for the pet turtle while you're at it?

Reply to
Steve Barker

but it IS a legitimate link and site.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Han

That's an april fools joke right?

Plan>

Reply to
tiredofspam

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I get annoyed with the corrugated hose catching on the work bench while sanding. I suppose I could make something similar with a mike stand and some wire, but it's not worth doing if it doesn't work.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Puckdropper wrote in news:4f7871f9$0$16954$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Something like that is sold by Festool, at Festool prices ...

Reply to
Han

In the search section, put AFD and see what you get.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Whhoooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

tiredofspam wrote in news:sICdnbDHGtr17OXSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

Having to constantly clean out the plane gets a little tiring. I'd rather clean out the plane than change the vacuum bag, though.

A small butane torch near the mouth of the plane would work as well. It'd simply burn the shaving as it was created and as long as you didn't drop it or let it get too hot, "perfectly safe!" *g*

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

throats of planes that it occurs to me that that might not be as silly as it looks.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:04:53 -0500, Steve Barker

Try to put one in the cart.

Reply to
Dave

On 01 Apr 2012 15:19:22 GMT, Puckdropper

Do a search for gorilla sleeve. And yes, it really is a working, available product. If you need further confirmation, search for gorilla sleeve on the Festool Owners Group.

Dave

What's pictured is indeed the Festool system, with overhead arm, and the name "Festool" photoshopped.

Reply to
Swingman

We Neanders don't need calendars. Besides, all my one-sided curlies are thin, light, and wispy. I collect them from the ceiling.

-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ya got me, Ed. Cheers!

-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Puckdropper wrote in news:4f787369$0$16954$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Yeah, LOL!