Tool shroud

That is the very genius of most of their AFD tools. They have just enough practicality and necessity that it messes with your mind just enough that somewhere deep inside you wish it wasn't a joke.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks for passing that along.

Reply to
Doug Miller

LOL... I was wondering who was going to catch on that that one.

Reply to
Leon

It is also legitimately April Fools Day and Lee Valley does this every year with a different tool.

Reply to
Leon

Theses April Fools tools are always too good to be true. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Their tape measure "story stick" AFD tool wasn't a bad idea, and is still for sale, IIRC. The only reason I didn't buy one was that you can apparently only mark on it with a mark-a-lot, which means the lines would be too gross for fine measurements.

Still ...

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman wrote in news:0NKdnfjTv6BpLuXSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

That's my favorite April Fool's joke so far. I like the irony.

Would a fine-point sharpie work? They make some that are about as fine as an ink pen (but they don't always seem to work well.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Valley offering. But I had to work late. I was going to speculate on what would be offered.

It still took a few seconds for me to fully grasp it though. Even though I knew it was coming. My first thought was, Neander meets Normite. My head hurts.

But looking at that video erased any doubt as to the silliness of this product. I like the line in the ad copy that the Festool dust extractor is now converted into a shavings extractor.

Lee Valley is a class act. How many other tool companies have a totally silly and fun tradition like them? Not only do they have good tools, but they have a sense of humor too. Good people.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Their tape measure "story stick" AFD tool wasn't a bad idea, and is still for sale, IIRC. The only reason I didn't buy one was that you can apparently only mark on it with a mark-a-lot, which means the lines would be too gross for fine measurements.

Still ... ======================================================================================================

How about a fine tip Sharpie. One thing though, a sharpie is a lot more permanent than a marks-a-lot. It may not come off.

Reply to
CW

Valley offering. But I had to work late. I was going to speculate on what would be offered.

It still took a few seconds for me to fully grasp it though. Even though I knew it was coming. My first thought was, Neander meets Normite. My head hurts.

But looking at that video erased any doubt as to the silliness of this product. I like the line in the ad copy that the Festool dust extractor is now converted into a shavings extractor.

Lee Valley is a class act. How many other tool companies have a totally silly and fun tradition like them? Not only do they have good tools, but they have a sense of humor too. Good people. =================================================================== Yes, and they put a lot of money into it. These jokes of theirs are very expensive.

Reply to
CW

Acetone, brake cleaner, flux remover, etc, etc.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
tiredofspam

tiredofspam wrote in news:seSdnY1T88frh- TSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

It doesn't even have to be the good shellac alcohol, it can be the cheap

70% isopropyl.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

80 GRIT SAND PAPER. ;~)
Reply to
Leon

snipped-for-privacy@leevalley.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l3g2000vbv.googlegroups.com:

Kudos, Rob!

Reply to
Han

them from the ceiling.

ThashwhatIsled,diddleI?

And my irons are sharpened so well that you can't move them too fast for fear of splitting atoms with 'em.

This reminds me of the saying "The older I get, the better I was."

-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for the chuckle. I imagine they are the most fun project of the year.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski